It has a specific emphasis on play-based learning and recognises the ‘importance of communication and language (including early literacy and numeracy) and social and emotional development’.
Click here to view the Peter Rabbit Curriculum as at 2015.
Fundamental to the Framework is a view of children’s lives as characterised by belonging, being and becoming.
- Belonging acknowledges children’s interdependence with others and the basis of relationships in defining identities. In early childhood, and throughout life, relationships are crucial to a sense of belonging.
- Being recognises the significance of the here and now in children’s lives. It is about the present and them knowing themselves, building and maintaining relationships with others, engaging with life’s joys and complexities, and meeting challenges in everyday life. Children’s identities, knowledge, understandings, capacities, skills and relationships change during childhood. They are shaped by many different events and circumstances.
- Becoming reflects this process of rapid and significant change that occurs in the early years as young children learn and grow. It emphasises learning to participate fully and actively in society’
In keeping with this approach, our programs are designed to address the following important considerations:
- Opportunities for learning and exploring will be provided through aesthetically inviting and well-resourced learning environments and through structured and unstructured play, creative pursuits, active and passive play, and individual and group activities.
- Staff will interact with children to extend their incidental learning.
- Staff will plan and present a variety of appropriate language, music and drama experiences for children using a variety of teaching aids and resources based on the children interests.
- Observations will focus on the group as well as the individual and interactions between peers to form the basis of all programming.
- Programs will be flexible to the children’s requirements each day.
You can or get more information on the EYLF from Early Childhood Australia or download the Belonging, Being and Becoming – The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia document as a PDF file(718 Kb)